- Application is submitted online using online forms from the Passport Seva website http://www.passportindia.gov.in
- Details of supporting documents required for the IC application are listed below under respective heads.
- ICs can be renewed anytime during the tenth year of their validity period. Applicants are advised to apply for the reissue of their Certificate of Identity (COI)/Identity Certificate (IC) once it crosses 9th year of its validity. Please note that minors have shorter period (5years) than COI/IC for adults (10 years).
- The photocopies of the supporting documents have to be done clearly on A4 size paper with attestation.
- Latest passport size color photographs with white background. (It should be clear and original. Computerized copied or altered from old photographs are not accepted)
- Applicants are required to submit the printout copy of the filled-in Online IC application form to the Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, New Delhi within a month, with all required supporting documents.
- Online payment is not required.