REISSUE OF IC TO TIBETANS FROM ABROAD: (Renewal after expiry of 10 years validity)
For IC renewal of Tibetans abroad – Tibetan IC holder has to return to India before its final expiry for renewal. Verification process for Renewal of IC may take about 2-4 months, sometimes more depending on case to case basis. The Tibetan IC holders abroad may apply well in advance (preferably 9-11 months before expiry) from abroad to avoid the long stay in India. Bureau will submit the application form along with required documents to Regional Passport of Delhi for prior verification to get no objection/clearance from Ministry of External affairs. Once Regional Passport Office of Delhi receives the clearance from Ministry then an applicant may accordingly plan their visit to India. The applicant has to submit the attested copy of Indian VISA and immigration arrival stamp page to Bureau of HHDL after their arrival in India, which will then be forwarded to RPO Delhi. It may take about 2-3 weeks after the submission of copy of VISA and arrival stamp page to get the IC issued if there are no other discrepancies.
The required documents are:
- Print-out copy of online application form duly signed and affixed photo
- 5 attested copies of Old IC copy
- 5 attested copies of valid resident proof abroad
- 5 attested copies of Old IC issued from abroad, if any
- 1 attested copy of updated Green Book
- 2 passport photos with white background
- Process fee of Rs. 1,100 can be either paid in cash at the cash counter of Bureau or by DD in favor of “Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai lama, New Delhi”.
IC application will be submitted for verification on receipt of application form, required documents and applicable fee. New IC will be granted only when RPO Delhi receives clearance from MEA, in addition to Indian VISA page with immigration arrival stamp copy of IC from the applicant.
One must bring the original IC during the collection of one’s new IC at Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama for cancellation of the old IC.
* If unable to get attestation from the concerned Office of Tibet then applicant may send the self-attested documents.
OR (Those who intend to apply after arrival in India)
- One attested copy of Green Book page 1, 2 and latest updated payment page.
- Latest original IC with Five sets of attested copies of front and last inside covering page; with Indian visa and airport arrival stamp page.
- Five attested copies of Green card/Residence card/Work Permit.
- If the latest IC is issued by a Foreign Mission, the applicant must also submit the original IC and Five sets of attested copies.
- Two passport size color photographs with white background.
- Five attested copies of marriage certificate are required if name of the spouse is to be added.
Applicants are required to submit the print out copy of filled-in Online IC application form to Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, New Delhi within a month, with all required supporting documents.
Online payment is not required. For payment click here